Brent has practiced business and corporate law in the Chicagoland area since 1976 and recently retired as Vice-President, General Counsel for Heritage-Crystal Clean, a publicly traded company. He has served the Christian organizational and church community for over 40 years:
- Christian Legal Society – former President and Board member, primarily in law student ministries
- Peacemaker Ministries – Certified Conciliator, mentor, and teacher
- Chairman of a Christian elementary and junior high school
- Business Law adjunct professor at Judson University
- Deacon and Elder of his local church
His teaching in churches has spanned over thirty-five years, from junior high through senior adults. He has co-authored a teacher-training course for churches and authored “Teaching Tips” for Standard Publishing and “Fellow-Traveling” for One-On-One Men’s Ministry. As of January 1, 2015, Brent is continuing on this vocational ministry path. He currently serves as a part-time staff member with Christian Legal Society, working with lawyers and law students; a part-time staff member of Gospel Justice Initiative, providing support for a nationwide ministry of Christian Legal Aid; and an affiliate with Crossroads Resolution Group. , He continues to preach and teach in churches, provide training for Bible teachers, and be active in men’s ministries and Fellow-Traveling.
Brent is married, the father of two children and grandfather to four. For more information, visit his website at www.BrentAmato.com.