What distinguishes Crossroads Resolution Group from other conflict assistance organizations?
The services we provide are based on principles from the Bible; following a faith based model of conflict resolution. The process uses a collaborative approach to identifying, discussing, and resolving issues which are creating conflict or division within a team or organization. We believe that the good news of what God has done for us, through the gift and resurrection of his son, Jesus, is both the power and the model to be imitated by us. The result is a transformative model of conflict resolution, with lasting resolutions based on reconciled relationships. The key distinctives of our approach include:
Faith based approach – Our faith based approach is grounded on our Statement of Faith. , The process or guidelines we follow is derived from Biblical values and guidelines, and was developed by Peacemaker Ministries, The Rules of Procedure for Christian Conciliation. Our Certified Christian Conciliators agree to conduct themselves, and deliver their services in a manner consistent with The Standards of Conduct for Christian Conciliation. The Certification and compliance with the Standard of Conduct is administered by The Institute for Christian Conciliation, a division of Peacemaker Ministries. which governs our services.
The Centrality of Christ – We believe that genuine peace between people can be found only through Jesus Christ. Therefore, we encourage people in conflict to believe the gospel and trust in Christ, and to faithfully rely on the promises and obey the commands that he has given to us in Scripture (see John 14:27; 2 Cor. 5:18-19; Col. 3:15-16; 2 Tim. 3:16).
The Responsibility of the Church and Christians – We believe that peacemaking is an essential ministry of the local church and a key Christian discipline, not a task reserved for professional mediators or lawyers. Therefore, we encourage Christians to take unresolved conflicts to their church families, which are called by God to restore peace by promoting biblical justice and reconciliation, and seek the help of fellow believers (see Matt. 18:17; 1 Cor. 6:4; Eph. 3:10; Heb. 13:17, James 3:18).
The Necessity of Biblical Counseling – We believe that destructive conflict comes from desires that battle within people’s hearts. Therefore, we do not merely try to resolve surface issues. We also counsel parties to find their fulfillment in Christ, renounce sinful desires and actions that have contributed to conflict, and seek genuine reconciliation with others (see James 4:1-3; Gal. 2:20; Prov. 28:13; Rom. 15:14).
The Comprehensiveness of God’s Word – We believe that God’s Word is totally authoritative and completely sufficient for all aspects of life, and that his peacemaking commands and promises apply to every conflict a Christian can encounter. Therefore, we work across the entire spectrum of conflict, helping people to resolve everything from school-yard quarrels to family disputes, business conflicts, congregational divisions, and multi-million dollar lawsuits (see 2 Tim. 3:16-17). (Adapted from Peacemaker Ministries)
Statement of Faith
(1) That the Holy Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, is the only inspired, infallible, inerrant and authoritative written Word of God;
(2) That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
(3) in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, his virgin birth, his sinless life, his miracles, his vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, his bodily resurrection, his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and his personal return in power and glory;
(4) That for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary;
(5) That a person is justified by grace alone, through faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ alone;
(6) In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life;
(7) In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost — those who are saved, unto the resurrection of life, and those who are lost, unto the resurrection of damnation;
(8) In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and his church.